Another Singing Nightmare(not me this time)

Sunday, April 27, 2008 |

OK apparently my dreams have themes or something. Last night was a fabulously wierd one.

Let us jet back in time to about 6 years ago. I was in the imaginary version of the stake center that I often visit in my dreams(the one with a ladies locker room) and I was like BFFs with Ashlee Simpson before she hit it big.

So I am all......girl.....I heard the PERFECT song for you to sing. When I heard it I though this is perfect for Ashlee's voice. It will rock so hard.

And Ashlee is all...really? How does it go?

And I sing in a total monotone: All my girls stand in a circle and clap your hands ....this is for you. Ups and downs, highs and lows no matter what you see me through"

And Ashlee is all.....um....OK. Maybe I need to hear the original version.

And I'm all...TRUST ME it is a song and not the spoken word....just wait till the chorus. So I start in on the LO-LO-LOVE's and she's all yeah....Erica...I'm not so sure about that. It doesn't sound like a song or anything ...like maybe Frankenstein is singing it.

And I am all.....Ashlee I promise you if you do it - you will be a star!!!

So anyways. I then leave her and go into the massive locker room and think to myself. Holy COW!!! Did I just sing the ugliest most nonmelodic line in the world and tell Ashlee it made me think of her??!! Ooops. But I am sooo right. Her wierdo voice is the only one that can pull that off.

Tada. The end. So I sang bad but it was because it was an Ashlee Simpson song so you have to sing bad to get it to sound right.

0 comments: