An Open Letter to my Beloved

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 |

Dearest Kohl's,


We have been lovahs for some time now, but I have always been bothered by something, now more than ever. You seem to give your love away at a discount all the darn time. I am now having trouble during our secret rendezvous telling whether I am really being given a special price or not. It seems that every day is a holiday or a reason to give it away practically for free. I have no problem with you being cheap. I love you more for it. I just feel a little like the person who came to help the kid who cried wolf. Tell me when it's really a sale different from every other day of the week and I will come. For now I am too distraught and confused. Super Sale, 6 hour Sale, Early Bird Sale, Amazing Sale Days, Sale-a-thon. Not that I could stay away for long. I am addicted to you like crack. And when I move into an apartment I'm sure I'll have little reminders of you all over my new place. But please- be more honest.  I need it to mean something to you too. 

E

6 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

I know you don't want me to say this but I have to...Kohl's just doesn't do it for me. Maybe if we spent a little more time together to get to know each other I would be more open to a relationship, but for now Kohl's and I live in two different worlds.

Erica said...

It's OK cause some of my fave clothes are from the great and spacious building.

I also love Target- but he is into a totally different shape of girl. I want it to work out so bad, but ......

WhiteEyebrows said...

I agree with this. This is why I like apple. It costs what it costs... all of the time. No sales, no frills, no gimmicks. It costs what it costs. That is a man's world.

Erica said...

That's probably why it took me like 4 years to suck it up and buy an IPOD.

Man sales philosophies.

Give me a challenge to get a better price and I'll take it. It's my hunter gatherer instinct. I don't pay retail.

Alison said...

"lovah" Ha! :)

I always forget about Kohl's. How can I? But it doesn't fit me as well as Target. Target and I are meant for each other. sigh.

Allie said...

Uhmm I really just need a fat girl section, so when either Target or Kohls get a better one, they win:D Also Apple is ridiculously priced, just a thought, that is why when Hope offered me her old Ipod I almost died! SWEET! Love it! Oh and I totally thought my word said penisis but it says periesi:D